2. Advanced Sea Adventurer
|NZQA Qualification:||National Certificate in Diving Level 3|
|SSI Ratings:||SSI Open Water Diver, SSI Specialty Certifications x 7 (inc SSI Diver Stress and Rescue Speciality)|
|Prerequisites:||You must be at least 16 years of age, and have a current Fitness to Dive Medical issued by a physician|
|Course Duration:||15 Weeks Full-Time|
|Next Intake:||You may start anytime|
|Locations:||Northland | Auckland | Hamilton | Gisborne|
Is This Programme For You?
- Do you want the knowledge and skills for safe dive practices and underwater experiences?
- Do you want to build up specialist skills and knowledge to dive with confidence?
- Do you want international recognition of the skills and knowledge through SSI certifications?
If so, the Advanced Sea Adventurer Programme is for you.
4 Quick Facts about the Advanced Sea Adventurer Programme:
- The programme includes 24 logged Dives
- This course is NZQA approved as a Quality Assured Level 3 Qualification
- The duration of the course is 15 weeks Full-Time
- Full-time = minimum of 3 days per week, minimum of 20 hours contact time per week, plus home study time
- You are eligible to apply for Student Allowances through StudyLink
What You Will Learn:
- Provide first aid
- Provide resuscitation (level 2)
- Administer supplemental oxygen at the surface to divers experiencing physiological problems
- Snorkel dive with safety
- Scuba dive in open water to a depth of 18 metres
- Complete a dive off a boat
- Complete a shore dive
- Navigate prescribed routes underwater
- Complete night dives
- Complete underwater search and recovery dives
- Complete deep dives between 18 and 40 metres
- Perform diver rescues
Awards and Qualifications:
- SSI Open Water Diver
- SSI Specialty Certifications:
- Workplace First Aid
- Adventure Education Oxygen Provider