1. Sea Adventurer
|NZQA Qualification:||Certificate in Dive and Trailer Boat Operations|
|SSI Ratings:||SSI Open Water Diver, SSI Specialty Certification x 4, SSI Diver Stress and Rescue Speciality|
|Prerequisites:||You must be at least 16 years of age, and have a current Fitness to Dive Medical issued by a physician|
|Course Duration:||34 weeks Part-Time|
|Next Intake:||You may start anytime|
|Locations:||Contact Head Office for details|
Is This Programme For You?
- Do you want the knowledge and skills for safe dive practices and underwater experiences?
- Do you want to build up specialist skills and knowledge to dive with confidence?
- Do you want international recognition of the skills and knowledge through SSI certifications?
If so, the Sea Adventurer Programme is for you.
4 Quick Facts about the Sea Adventurer Programme:
- The programme includes 24 logged Dives
- This course is NZQA approved as a Quality Assured Level 3 Qualification
- The duration of the course is 34 weeks Part-Time
- Part-time = max of 20 hours contact time per week, plus home study time
- You are not eligible to apply for Student Allowances (because it is part-time).
What You Will Learn:
- Snorkel dive with safety
- Scuba dive in open water to a depth of 18 metres
- Navigate prescribed routes underwater
- Complete night dives
- Complete underwater search and recovery dives
- Complete deep dives between 18 and 40 metres
- Perform diver rescues
- Control recreational craft by day in sight of land
- Maintain personal boat safety in recreational craft by day in sight of land
- Operate a restricted limits vessel
- Provide first aid
- Provide resuscitation (level 2)
Awards and Qualifications:
- SSI Open Water Diver
- SSI Specialty Certification x 4
- SSI Diver Stress and Rescue Speciality
- Basic First Aid
- Trailer Boat Operator